Sunday, January 27, 2008

How Do You Explain...

Chuck brought us a treat this morning (heck, maybe it was Nina? Chuck just seems more the hunter type... call me sexist)... there was a mouse on the back porch. Good kitty! Such a good hunter! I pointed it out to Shane, and of course, Lorelai came to see. She wanted to 'pet' it.

How do you explain death to a 2 year old? I'm afraid I didn't do the best job. In fact, I may have been a little too realistic. LOL. The word 'dead' and the phrase 'cats eat mice' was part of my explanation. LOL.

When I went outside to throw it over the edge of the deck (into the compost pile), I held it up so she could at least see the mouse (it was very cute - thankfully Chuck hadn't eaten it's head off or anything). Then she cried when she couldn't see it anymore.

No comments:

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected